Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hopesy-ly devoted



Ah, they grow up so quick. One day, they're swaddling and utterly dependent on you. The next, they discover boys and you are chopped liver.

That's how it feels these days with Hopesy, since Daisuke Matsuzaka strolled into her life. My parents gave her a stuffed bear of the onetime Japanese sensation who now plays for the Red Sox.

We thought Hope fell hard for the ceiling fans. That was a harmless crush. This is true-blue, I'm so Giddy I'll Throw Myself in Front of a Train if I Can't Have You amour.

At the mere sight of the bear, Hope giggles. She gets bashful. She flirts. She gazes deep in his eyes. But only for a moment or two before becoming embarrassed and looking away.

She really shouldn't stare. But how can she not? Just one quick look. Oh no! He saw, he saw! Look away. Act cool. Oh, it's too much! One more peek! Just a little one! He's so dreamy.

9 comments:

beth said...

Love the video; it's hysterical. Dice-K is an attractive fellow, so she's got good taste. Maybe she's also developing a love for her auntie's team, the Red Sox. Perhaps a Big Papi bear will be next!

Brooklyn Salt said...

Oh Boy, another Sox fan...

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know I enjoy your blog. I love your sense of humor and especially enjoy your beautiful little girl! I remember the "baby days" when Baylee was a teeny tiny girl (and oh so well behaved back then--what happened?). The video was hysterical! Thanks for the smile (as I listen to Baylee obsessively flush the toilet over and over and over again)...I needed it.

Karen said...

How adorable!

Anonymous said...

Great video, its too funny!! Hope is adorable.

Anonymous said...

That was too funny! Take a number Joel. What was it now - Matsuzaka,
ceiling fans, light bulbs, balloons... you're still ahead of the cats!

Happy Birthday to you too.. keep sending those beautiful pictures! You must post some in her Easter outfit! She is precious!
Love, Grandma Clem xoxo

Anonymous said...

No doubt about it -- your daughter is a shameless flirt! Better keep an eye on her around the guys!

Misty said...

OMG!! that is one cute video!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Unknown said...

That video was the best. Hope made me laugh at loud with those huge smiles and bear kisses. Love her!!!